Wednesday 23 March 2011

Ode to Orange

I made the best purchase ever last week... ORANGE TROUSERS. You do not understand the excitement, I can tell. But I'm going to attempt to explain...

This was just going to be a small paragraph tacked on to my last post, with 1 measly picture, but then the excitement took hold, and I rambled & rambled and realised my new love deserve a post of their own, because yes, I am that obsessed!
Here's a lovely little collage I made on a weird bit of trial software that came with my new laptop... all I had to do was put the pics I wanted in a folder anf click a button, voila. Ok it has a cappy little watermark thing across it, but you get the idea.
It basically shows what my mind has been thinking, all day, every day... orange, orange, orange. colour-blocking, colour-blocking, colour-blocking. bright, bright, bright. Jil Sanders, Jil Sanders, Jil Sanders. haha.

I am actually in love. I've mentioned before my obsession with the colour orange. It is literally the best. But even though my bedroom was orange, and my phone was orange, and my hair is orange... I generally I stay away from wearing my favourite shade... until now (well apart from my prom dress, and my reeboks, and one of my coats, oh ok, I've prob worn it more than most)! Hello colour blocking, the best trend to ever cross the face of the earth. I will be wearing my new babies ALOT. I'm thinking teamed with purple, hot pink or electric blue will be beautiful. But at the mo I've only trialed them with a light grey jumper and black leather jacket, kinda like the lovely lass below, who's photo I stole off the Topshop website ;-)
I'd been dreaming of THIS pair from Zara for weeks and weeks, I literally couldn't get them off my mind, and was determined to buy them as soon as I could get my ass into town and try them on (you never know with Zara sizes ... xs, s, m or 34, 36, 38, bla blah, they can't keep it straight forward). Well, I was right as it turned out. They didnt even have the orange ones in the Manc store, but I took the 6 and 8 in blue to the changing room, thinking I'd just order off la tinternet, alas I have apparently lost a lot of weight and the 8 literally fell off me. There was me thinking the 6 would probably just be too tight round my bum and show a horrible VPL etc, but they too were also too big, like bloody paper bag trousers on me (after using a belt to secure them on my waist). Harumphh, I was devastated.. I know that sounds sad, but seriously, you have no idea how much I loved them. I'd planned out all thses outfits in my head, and trawled the internet for new bargain tops to go with them, etc. I wanted to wear them for work experience at Easter (2 weeks in the Tesco boyswear buying department woo!), and be the cool intern girl with the amazing orange tailored trews...
So... after a few minutes of sulking I charged up the elscalators to the kiddy's section. Zara - If you're not gona make big girl trousers that fit me, you leave me no choice. I'm going to buy your 13-14 year old 'basics' coloured jeans (in the exact same colour and fabric as the slacks downstairs) for half the price! Mwahaha. Gotta love the fact theres no horrible increased VAT on childrenswear. I got them for only £14.99 (instead of the womens £34.99) and they fit perfectly, YAY. Ok so they're cut like skinny jeans instead of tailored trousers, but are made of a nice slightly stretchy woven cotton and if I turn them up a bit at the ankle and add a belt I get the desired effect.

So there you have it, beautiful orange trousers, that fit me. And I promise to wear them to death. I don't even care if 'colour-blocking' goes out of fashion, or people think I look too bright, or crazy, or 'like an american convict'. Because orange, oh orange I love you.

Are you guys OBSESSED with any colours or trends right now? Please say you like orange too? You'll be my bezzie for ever haha.

VW x

PS. I don't even like Rihanna - I know that comment alone will make me a social pariah, because apparently she's like everyone in the worlds fave
But, I want to look like this, her whole outift is beaut.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

For the record, I don't like Rihanna AT ALL but I must admit, I do like her fashion choices much of the time.

I'm not a giant bright-color gal, but I know these are going to look fab on you! And how awesome that you can fit in the kiddie sizes. Just think of all the money you could save if you could do that on a regular basis! And you'd have cool stuff that no other adults had!

Tazz Gault said...

Do not fret, I totally understand the excitement of orange trousers, I just wish I could pull them off as well as I'm sure you can! Also, the Rihanna comment, faiiiir play. I'm not one for celebrities myself so do not worry there either :)

Thank you for your wonderfully long comment on my blog - really is appreciated. Lets hope my latest post will get such a response from you ;) haha!

x

Unknown said...

oh i love that bright orange colour i can't wait to see them on you!! and ohmygod that is so cool that you used to to see the Subways before anyone knew who they were!!! i am so jealous lol they are totally one of my favourite bands :)

Style It Girl said...

I love the color orange!~ It is cute!

Bea Alarcón said...

absolutely love them! check my blog!
http://becatwalk.blogspot.com/2011/04/orange-day-color-block.html
what do you think about those ones! :)